Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My dream came true... pinch me..

Wednesday was insanely perfect. I got to the arena around 2:30pm. This time at the east gate they had a roped off area for all of us to wait in. So I found a place along the rope and watch and wait. I see some fans I know, Exit gals and Diamond, and wait for about an hour until the bus for Kings of Lion drives by. Then two black cars, about 10 minutes apart from each other, drive by. One carrying Adam, and one carrying Larry. Then a Car with The Edge drives by. About 15 minutes later he comes out of the gate and starts signing autographs.



It was very orderly and calm. He made his way down the line of fans smiling the entire time. When he finally reached me he smiled at me and said hello. I responded with an excited high pitched hello and he then said, “How are you guys?” I said fine. He saw the picture I had for him to sign and immediately signed it.

I told him I had taken it at Mondays show and told him “you guys rocked.” I then asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said, “Sure sweetheart, where’s your camera?” I pointed to Andrea and he leaned in and smiled.

I thanked him and he continued down the line of fans. About 30 minutes later Bono’s black SUV comes driving up to us. His window is open and he is waving at the screaming fans. When he saw me I smiled the widest smile I could and he did that, opened mouth, silent scream face and then smiles and waves at me. The SUV continues to drive by and then stops about 10 feet past where I was in line.

The crowd instantly hovered around the opened door. He spoke with fans while putting his shoes on. He then put his hat on, stepped out of the car, and started to sign autographs.

Everyone made a crowd around him with me in the back. My friend asked one of the security guards to help us get to him but he seemed to ignore us. After waiting about five long minutes I felt tears running down my face. The security guards saw me and told people to step back so I could meet him to. Bono made his way down the edge of fans signing as he went. When he got to me he smiled and said hello. I said hello and he looked down at the drawing I had for him to sign.

He asked me if it was of him. I said yes and he then picked it up to look at it. He told me it was very good and said “You made me look taller, thank you.” I thanked him and he then asked who he was signing it for. I told him Melissa and he signed it in blue ink. I then told him I wanted to thank him for sending me a signed cd from New York last year and that it meant the world to me.
(For the story about the cd cover being signed click here.)
He paused and got this puzzled look on his face. After a moment he smiled and asked, “OH...that was you?” I laughed and said yes. He then leaned over and kissed the top of my head. I thanked him again. He was just about to leave when my friend said wait, you have to sign one more thing. She handed him the picture I took on Monday.

As he looked at it I told him I took it at Mondays show. He told me it was incredible and signed it right below Edge’s signature. I thanked him again, he smiled at me and then continued down the line of fans. When he got to the end of the crowd he got back into the SUV and waved one last time at me while rolling passed. It still doesn’t feel real. I hope it never does.

After glow...

Here is a picture of Kelly and me. A fellow Interferencer.





At about 7:30 we went too the VIP party. I lost the raffle for the back stage tour but we got to miss Kings of Lion!





Now for the pictures from the concert.





























Set List
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo/ Boy
Electric Co.
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With or Without You
New Year’s Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky/ Hands That Built America
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
Pride In the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
All Because of You
Yahweh
’40’


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home